Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Restful Days

I have not posted anything new for a while now. You may think that it was a nice break over the Thanksgiving Holiday since I live in the U.S. However, since I work at a popular Pittsburgh attraction I had my first real day of rest in over a week yesterday. I wish I could have been more active here and hope to be in the coming weeks!

So, today is the end of day two out of three of my "weekend" where I have Tuesday through Thursday off. At times I wish I could work more hours or add an extra day of work to my average weeks but after working many days in a row I am very thankful for the extra day (though I am excited for my next pay day). I think I really prefer having the extra time for myself than hours on the clock which is a great aspect of voluntary simplicity.

On the topic of being thankful it seems so odd to me that we as Americans celebrate a day for being happy for what we already have and then the next day push each other and cause a big fuss to get more things that likely aren't needed.  Plus many end up adding more stuff to cluttered homes and going deeper into debt; both can be painful whereas the holidays should be happy times.

On Thanksgiving I made ground turkey chilly, went on a walk in one of Pittsburgh's many parks, and watched Elf with my boyfriend, Pat. Since then (besides working) I have been mending some of my clothing, putting buttons on my winter jackets, reading, and  making homemade gifts for loved ones for Christmas.

Just a lazy day...


I am trying to be very frugal and thoughtful by making as much as possible this year for holiday gifts. I'll share more on this soon! Have a good evening everyone!

~Lydia


No comments:

Post a Comment