Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Taking my own advice

In my last post I explained a little about voluntary simplicity and encouraged you to try to pair down some possessions (you could give then to a friend/family member, donate to a charity, or even sell it if it has value). I went through my clothing again and found another dozen or so items that I no longer love or that I often wear to put in my Goodwill box. I always try to have a donate box or pile around and slowly add to it. I can always change my mind and pull it out if I end up missing it or want to craft with it; and when it is full off to Goodwill it goes.

I found a few more things even after this picture :)
The box is getting full again!


I also organized my closet and dresser a bit.... it gets a little messy on days that I work. I end up stumbling in the dark to find certain things while trying not to wake my boyfriend. I know it still looks pretty full but since the weather tends to have me layering up I have held on to some things.



I would love to have only 100 pieces of clothing, which is my goal. I still don't know how to count undies and socks though. Any ideas would be helpful! With my basic wardrobe I counted around 115 but I forgot: coats, PJ's, winter gear, shoes, undies/socks, jewelry, belts, stockings, and other odds and ends. My clothing from my costume/sewing trunk is not counted as well. I also need to go through my craft explosion supplies. Still, every little bit help and lightens the load. I'm just slowly turning it down a notch. Have a nice day!

~Lydia


No comments:

Post a Comment